Business Women Albury-Wodonga Mentoring Program
Supporting Professional Women in Business to Thrive
Here at Business Women Albury Wodonga, we love supporting professional women to thrive and succeed, and we’re really excited to invite applications for our Mentor Program.
"Mentoring is to support and encourage people to manage their own learning in order that they may maximise their potential, develop their skills, improve their performance and become the person they want to be." Eric Parsloe, The Oxford School of Coaching & Mentoring.
Wondering What Mentoring Is?
Mentoring is the pairing of a more skilled or experienced person with someone who is less skilled. The mentoring goal is having the less experienced person grow and develop specific abilities to help them reach their long term objectives.
A mentor is someone who is genuinely interested in people and has a desire to help others. She is a listener, questioner, and advisor. While the Mentor does not need to have all the answers the Mentee may seek, she is skilled in directing the search for answers.
A Mentee is someone who takes charge of their own career or business development and sees real value in learning from others.
A mentor is not a business or personal coach. Nor are they to provide all the answers. They are not there to do the work for the Mentee. They are there to support and encourage to enable the Mentee to succeed.
Would you like to be one of our 2020 Mentees?
The Business Women Albury Wodonga Mentor Program provides:
- A fabulous mentor matched specifically to you for February to November 2020.
- A welcome kit packed with exciting tools and resources, including a report to improve your understanding of self and others
- Full memberships with either Albury Northside and Business Wodonga
- Access to all Business Women Albury Wodonga and Young Business Edge events including an exclusive invite to the Business Women Albury Wodonga Gala Event.
- Exclusive Mentor program quarterly events
As a Mentee you will:
- Create clear goals for how you want to develop during the program
- Meet regularly with your mentor to explore how you will meet your development goals - the challenges and the opportunities to learn & grow.
- Attend Business Women Albury Wodonga events
Mentee Applications for 2020 are now open.
Would you like to be one of our 2020 Mentors?
Want to contribute to the success of our future mentees?
Got something to give back to the community?
As a Mentor you will have the opportunity to support and encourage one of the region’s future female business leaders. You will meet regularly with your mentee to be a sounding board and advisor.
Mentor Expressions of Interest for 2020 are now open.
Meet Our 2019 Mentees
Daizy Franz - The Personnel Group
Jay Churches - Collective Kids Threads
Kelsey Freeman - Blissful Love Photography
Melissa Bradsworth - Breathe Hair Studio
Renee Williams - The Real Florist
Meet Our 2019 Mentors
Amelia Harney - Findex
Karen Crook - Findex & Posh Plonk
Natalie Ajay - Rutherglen Winemakers
Peta Stewart - Peta Stewart Conveyancing
Kellie Kadaoui - Wildlime Marketing & Events